- The longest Monopoly game in history lasted for 70 days straight
- Over 275 million sets have been sold worldwide. The game is available in 111 countries and in 43 different languages.
- The character locked behind bars is named Jake the Jailbird and he was locked up by Officer Edgar Mallory.
- Since 1935, over 1 billion people have played the game
- San Francisco jeweler Sidney Mobell created the most expensive Monopoly board valued at over 2 million dollars.
Play Money Being Replaced By Real Money In Some French Monopoly Sets
Monopoly facts to celebrate 80 years: