This and more according to a new national survey of over 70,000 men and woman from across the US, which also revealed that Mike ‘The Situation’ is more desirable to woman than Robert Pattinson and Hugh Hefner is a more preferable source for romantic advice than Oprah.
Top-line findings from TouchTunes 2011 Love Survey below:
· Men pick Snooki over Kendra as their most desired V-day companion – 19% of males picked Kendra Wilkinson as their most preferred Valentine’s Day date, while Snooki claimed a surprising 22% of the votes when given the choice to spend the day with Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Kelly Ripa, Snooki and Kendra
· Women would rather spend the 14th with Mike ‘The Situation’ than Robert Pattinson – When asked to pick between the following four choices, 30% of woman chose the Jersey Shore’s Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino as their top choice to spend Valentine’s Day with, heartthrob Robert Pattinson came in second with 28% of the vote; Stephen Colbert and Howard Stern tied for the last spot with 14% of women’s votes
· American’s have more success finding love at the bar than through their friends or mother: 36% of men and woman say they have had the most success finding love while at the bar vs. 31% who polled they had more success finding love through friends; Mothers ranked as the least successful source for finding romantic love with only 1% reporting success
· ‘Sexting’ ranks as most preferred way to show love electronically: 42% of men and woman picked ‘sexting’ as their favorite way to show their e-love, with Facebook coming in second with 34%; Sending a tweet was the least desirable method with only 9% picking this form of electronic communication
· Bad breath is a dating deal-breaker: 37% of men and woman picking bad breath as their biggest dating turn-off
Additional findings included: 36% of men and woman picked ‘The Sex is Good’ by Saving Abel as the song that best describes their current relationship, 22% picked ‘No One’ by Alicia Keys; American’s would rather get their romantic advice from Hugh Hefner than Oprah Winfrey, with Hugh scoring 45% of the vote compared to 22% for Oprah.
This national survey was conducted by TouchTunes Interactive Networks, which ran on its fleet of digital jukeboxes nationwide during the first week of February. Results were pulled from the more than 70,000 men and woman over 21 who completed the 2011 Love Survey. The TouchTunes poll was run in advance of Valentine’s Day to celebrate the day of love and take a closer look at consumer’s current feelings on love and relationships.