Michael Lohan’s Top 5 Tips for Fathers
- Remember that being a dad is a 24/7 job from the day your kids are born until the day that you die, with no sick days, paid vacations, pension benefits, or exceptions to the rule. Period.
- You can make suggestions, give advice and lead by example but don’t tell your kids what to do. If you do, they will do exactly the opposite. Take it from me, I know.
- Your kids aren’t always going to like you. Too bad. Deal with it and stick to your guns. Your kids need a father more than they need a friend.
- Never, never, never, never give up on your kids or on yourself as a father. You just have to keep trying, and keep the faith.
- No matter what, stay involved in your kids’ lives. Even if it means keeping the peace with your ex, or resisting the urge to unleash on your annoying brother-in-law.