(PCM) Trust us, there was a lot to love at this year’s San Diego Comic Con, but with all major events there is bound to be a few things that left us a tad bit disappointed!
Here is our list, in no particular order of the things we loved the most:
1. Although we have to wait until 2015 for any new episodes, the Game Of Thrones casting news and video was surely a highlight of the weekend.
2. The surprise, unscheduled appearance from director Christopher Nolan and actor Matthew McConaughey to promote their upcoming film “Instellar”. Getting to see some more footage of this sure to be epic film was definitely an added treat.
3. During the press conference for his film “Kingsmen: The Secret Service” actor Samuel L. Jackson picked up a random reporters cellphone that had begun ringing by accident in the middle of the conference. Listening to Jackson have a hilarious phone conversation with the unknowing person on the other end of the line was priceless! This man can do no wrong!
4. The abundance of TV trailers, clips, and pilots that were screened during this year’s convention was fantastic. We got our first looks at shows such as Constantine, Gotham, The Flash and more! Epic trailers were revealed from both The Walking Dead, Arrow, and Sons Of Anarchy and attendees were left hungry for more! The fall of this year, into early 2015 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for television!
5. The amazing panels for both The Avengers: Age Of Ultron and Batman v. Superman: Dawn Of Justice. The ravenous Hall H crowd was overjoyed by both the footage show from both films, as well as, appearances by the talent. Both films are incredibly highly-anticipated and audiences are starving for any information they can get their hands on!
6. We scored an invite to the hottest party at Comic Con this year, which was A&E’s Bates Motel/Playboy party! It was epic, so epic in fact that several celebrities looking to attend were turned away at the gate, due to fire marshals regulations not allowing anymore people to enter the venue. We had a blast enjoying the Bates Motel themed cocktails, noshing on food truck delicacies, and dancing our hearts out with cast members from Bates Motel, of course, as well as, Teen Wolf, The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, Grimm and so many more! When it was time to relax, there were several comfy beds, set up to look like Bates Motel guest rooms, to chill out on! It was very well-done!
7. Cosplay, Cosplay and more Cosplay! Seeing everyone’s absolutely amazing costumes at this year’s SDCC was incredible. The sheer amount of time and effort that people put into creating some of these outfits is mind-blowing! Be sure to check out our gallery coming soon! Some of my favorites were whole families that got in on dressing up, it was great to see everyone so involved and getting into the Comic Con spirit together.
8. While it was absolutely heart-breaking, attending the final Hall H panel for the beloved FX series Sons Of Anarchy. It was not easy to watch series creator Kurt Sutter break-down and cry on stage, the amount of love and respect that this cast has for one another is incredibly inspiring and it was a beautiful moment to behold.
Now on to some of what we hated at this year’s Comic Con (it’s not a very long list)
1. Lines, lines, and more lines!! It seems as if everywhere you turn there is another type of line that you have to wait in. There were so many that we often times had to give-up and move on to the next event or panel, as we would run the risk of being stuck endlessly waiting all day long. For some this may not be a problem, but for those of us on deadline, it became increasing frustrating throughout the course of the weekend.
2. We were definitely hoping for some news about Jurassic World, Doctor Strange, and The Fantastic Four. While there is still quite a bit of time for all of those titles to make their Comic Con appearances, we were holding out hope for a couple of answers, but alas none were given.
3. The very silly and completely non-relevant questions posed by fans during the Q&A portions of several of the panels. Also, as a side note, due to time constraints many of the fan Q&A sessions were cut down by quite a bit, leaving many fans disappointed.
4. Individuals bum-rushing the booths on the floor to get their hands on every exclusive possible, and purchasing multiples. There were times where I felt that I was getting completely mowed over just making an attempt to walk through the exhibition floor. It was a little bit scary.
That’s about it for our complaints! Again, we had an absolutely wonderful year at San Diego Comic Con 2014 and we absolutely can’t wait to be part of the Comic Con craziness again next year! Let the countdown begin!