GoTV Networks, Inc., the industry’s largest mobile media network, and Revolver magazine, the No. 1 hard-rock and heavy-metal destination in the world, team up to launch the RevolverTV mobile channel. Subscribers will get current music videos, artist interviews, live performances, exclusive access at special events, Guitar World lessons, as well as a behind-the-scenes look into Revolver’s unparalleled photo shoots. RevolverTV joins other GoTV channels, which include Hip Hop Official, ES Música, True Country, Univision Móvil and Sprint Exclusive Entertainment.
The RevolverTV app is available on all major U.S. carriers including Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and AT&T. Visit revolvermag.com/revolvertv for more information and to get RevolverTV!
As one of the channel’s first exclusive features, RevolverTV offers backstage video clips from the 2nd Annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards–America’s original hard-rock and heavy-metal music award show–which were held in April. RevolverTV is the only place where you can find the following backstage and Black Carpet clips:
· Best Vocalist nominee Corey Taylor praising award winner Ronnie James Dio for fighting cancer
· Presenter Dave Mustaine of Megadeth commenting on hanging out with Most Metal Athlete award winners Leonard Davis, Corey Procter, Marc Colombo of the Dallas Cowboys
· Slayer’s Kerry King on meeting Honorary Headbanger recipient Robert Englund, the actor best known for the role of Freddy Krueger
· Presenter Ozzy & Golden God Award winner Rob Halford discuss a possible Ozzfest 2010 lineup
· Presenters Joey Jordison of Slipknot & Vinnie Paul of HELLYEAH discuss the legacy of recently deceased Avenged Sevenfold drummer Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan, who won Best Drummer
· Chino Moreno and Abe Cunningham of the Deftones discuss their brand-new record and video
· Presenter Kat Von D, of L.A. Ink, and friend Bam Margera discuss Jackass 3D
· Slash and Dave Grohl interviewed together on the Black Carpet about their collaboration on the Slash record and on the Motörhead classic “Ace of Spades” with Lemmy that night at the Golden Gods
· Marilyn Manson discussing vampires on the Black Carpet
· MMA Fighter Jason “Mayhem” Miller on fighting and metal
RevolverTV offers new episodes daily, across the following channels:
· Music Videos (currently featuring brand-new music videos from Deftones, the Devil Wears Prada, Slipknot and Alice in Chains)
· Behind the Scenes (currently featuring celebrity interviews at Revolver headquarters and at all of its location shoots, featuring rock luminaries such as Dave Grohl, Rob Halford, Ronnie James Dio, Lemmy, Atreyu, and Scott Ian with his wife Pearl at her Hottest Chicks in Metal photo shoot)
· Revolver All-Access (currently featuring exclusive videos from ComicCon, the Hottest Chicks in Metal, MMA fighting, horror movies and video games)
· Guitar World (currently featuring exclusive guitar lessons from Killswitch Engage, Nevermore, Every Time I Die and Papa Roach)
· Revolver Live (currently featuring concert and special acoustic performances from the top bands in hard rock and heavy metal, like Five Finger Death Punch, Deftones, In This Moment, Drowning Pool and Lacuna Coil)
· Special Events (currently featuring celebrity interviews at Revolver events like the Golden Gods Awards, NAMM, Mayhem Festival and Revolver’s Paul Booth Tattoo Party, emceed by Mistress Juliya)
GoTV Networks has exclusive rights to distribute RevolverTV content across mobile platforms worldwide. The channel is available on all major U.S. carriers, including Sprint, Verizon, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry RIM devices. The May 2010 issue of MacLife magazine praised the RevolverTV app, noting: “From the World’s Loudest Rock Magazine comes this hardcore, ear-splitting app…with music videos, behind-the-scenes segments, and special concert footage that’ll make you feel like you’ve got your favorite band hanging out in your back pocket.”
Daniel Tibbets, EVP & Studio Chief for GoTV Networks, says, “RevolverTV is the perfect addition to GoTV’s lineup of existing mobile music channels. The new channel addition is not a replica of the magazine, but rather an extension of its unique perspective, as well as its impressive artist reach and coverage of the hard-rock genre. By extending the brand to mobile, RevolverTV will tap into a loyal fan base that already responds well to this new medium.”
The partnership integrates Revolver’s ever-growing audience, with a magazine circulation of over 150,000, and combines it with that of Guitar World, whose circulation is over 250,000. Revolver and Guitar World also pack a punch online, with over 1.2 million unique users per month and over 4.5 million page views. Revolver is the official media partner of the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, which draws over half a million fans annually.
“As an editor and a rock journalist, whenever I’ve interviewed bands, reviewed shows, and written stories, there’s always been an energy, a danger, a spark of the live experience, that has been so hard to capture in the pages of the magazine,” says Brandon Geist, Editor In Chief of Revolver Magazine. “We are extremely excited to unleash RevolverTV and take our fans beyond the page and right onstage, into the studio, and behind the scenes, where they can share that adrenaline rush with us.”