With all of the doomsday talk about 12/21/12, we’re concentrating on 12/12/12 the 21st occurrence of that magical day in recorded history.
First rest assured that some smart people at The Astronomical Society of the Pacific have declared Dec. 12, 2012, as Anti-Doomsday Day, in celebration of rational thinking and reasoned discourse, believe that the Earth is not meeting its doom on December 21st, and noone living today will likely see this repetition of a single number in a date again.
At 12:12:12 p.m., the day will offer fans of the number 12 a ‘sixer’ – 12/12/12 12:12:12!
At 1:21:02 am, nerds everywhere can rejoice in the single second that marks when the date-time combination is the same read both forwards and backwards: 2012-12-12 1:21:02 = 201212-1-212102. (They will also probably be outside for an early viewing of the geminids meteor shower about that time.)
Kiam Moriya, of Birmingham Alabama was born on 12/12/2000, at twelve minutes are noon (12:12 PM). He’ll be 12 December 12, 2012. Given that around 11,000 people are born every day – that would be about 8 babies born a minute… Kiam probably has 7 kindred brothers and/or sisters sharing the moment.
12 Facts About Twelve.
1. Jesus had 12 disciples.
2. We call 12 items a ‘dozen’ – from an old English word meaning ‘2 left over’ after ten.
3. Twelve is convenient because its multiples and divisors are convenient: 12 = 2 × 2 × 3, 3 × 4 = 2 × 6, 60 = 12 × 5, 360 = 12 × 30. It was ALMOST our base number counting system instead of ten.
4. In 2012, the bakers dozen (13) most used passwords were: password, 123456, 12345678, abc123, qwerty, monkey, letmein, dragon, 111111, baseball, iloveyou, trustno1,1234567
(the most famous password is probably ‘open sesame!’)
5. There are 12 tribes of Israel, originating from Jacob’s 12 sons (Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph and Benjamin)
6. There are Twelve Days of Christmas in the famous song: Twelve drummers drumming, Eleven pipers piping, Ten lords a-leaping, Nine ladies dancing, Eight maids a-milking, Seven swans a-swimming, Six geese a-laying, Five golden rings, Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree had a cost of $25,431.18 for all 78 items in 2012.
7. Twelve astrological (zodiac) signs include: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces.
8. The twelve Lobors of Herculese included: Slay the Nemean Lion, Slay the nine-headed Lernaean Hydra, Capture the Golden Hind of Artemis, Capture the Erymanthian Boar, Clean the Augean stables in a single day, Slay the Stymphalian Birds, Capture the Cretan Bull, Steal the Mares of Diomedes, Obtain the girdle of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons, Obtain the cattle of the monster Geryon, Steal the apples of the Hesperides (He had the help of Atlas to pick them after Hercules had slain and Capture and bring back Cerberus.
9. 12 human beings have stepped on the moon.
10. 12 years of a successful marriage are rewarded with a gift of silk or fine linen
11. The Chinese year of birth is represented by one of these 12 animals: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig.
12 Celebrity deaths in 2012:
Neil Armstrong (first man to walk on the moon), Arlen Specter (discovered the magic bullet that killed President Kennedy), George McGovern (politician), Andy Griffith, Larry Hagman, and Ernest Borgnine (actors), Dick Clark (‘the World’s oldest teenager’), Jazz legend Dave Brubeck (‘Take Five’), Singers who passed include: Whitney Houston, Disco Diva Donna Summer, Etta James (‘At last’) , Monkee Davy Jones, and Andy Williams.
Until next year, November 12, 2013 (11/12/13)….