(PCM) We all knew that Hello Kitty had millions of fans in support, but now it has become evident that the global icon is loved on the social media. Hello Kitty celebrated reaching her 10 millionth friend on Facebook moments ago with supercute virtual gifts and treats for her fans.
In celebration of her 10 million milestone, Hello Kitty lived up to Sanrio’s ‘small gift, big smile’ philosophy by sharing special limited edition ‘Hello Kitty Loves Me’ e-gifts including Facebook profile photos, timeline cover photos and desktop wallpaper.
What does 10 million Hello Kitty fans look like?
- If all Hello Kitty’s fans and their Facebook friends stood one on top of another, they could reach the moon. AND back.
- If Hello Kitty fans all lived in a single city, it would be the largest city in North America and the 13th largest in the world.
- If everyone who read a post from Hello Kitty each month held hands, they could circle the earth almost 4 times.
- Almost 800 people become fans of Hello Kitty on Facebook every hour. That’s 12 people every second!
Hello Kitty’s journey to 10 million likes looks like this:
- 93% of Hello Kitty’sFacebook ‘likes’ are females
- 18,350 people ‘like’ Hello Kittyevery day!
- 1.1million people interact with Hello Kitty on Facebook every month – that includes likes, shares and comments!
- Including friends of friends, Hello Kitty’snetwork is 612.9 million people!
- Each Hello Kitty post gets an average of 22,900 likes, 2,400 shares, and 1,342 comments
Congratulations Hello Kitty on such a remarkable milestone!