(PCM) Oxford Dictionaries have been updated once again with some incredibly surprising new words that include “awesomesauce” a word used to describe something great or amazing and “beer-o-clock” which signifies the correct time to start drink. Those words are just two of the many surprising words that were just added OxfordDictionaries.com, which is where Oxford Dictionaries holds many of their modern language words. It is not known if these words will actually be added to the print version of the Oxford English Dictionary.
Other added words include “butt-dial”used to describing call someone by accident when your phone is in your pocket and the abbreviation “NBD” which is text speak for no big deal. USA Today shared a list of nine additional words that were added which you can see, along with their definitions below:
• Mic drop (noun): An instance of deliberately dropping or tossing aside one’s microphone at the end of a performance or speech one considers to have been particularly impressive.
• Manspreading (noun): The practice whereby a man, especially one travelling on public transport, adopts a sitting position with his legs wide apart, in such a way as to encroach on an adjacent seat or seats.
• Hangry (adjective): Bad-tempered or irritable as a result of hunger.
• Cat cafe (noun): A cafe or similar establishment where people pay to interact with cats housed on the premises:she was one of many waiting in line this morning for the opening of North America’s first pop-up cat cafe.
• Redditor (noun): A registered user of the website Reddit.
• Rage-quit (verb): Angrily abandon an activity or pursuit that has become frustrating, especially the playing of a video game.
• Grexit (noun): A term for the potential withdrawal of Greece from the eurozone (the economic region formed by those countries in the European Union that use the euro as their national currency.
• Rando (noun): A person one does not know, especially one regarded as odd, suspicious, or engaging insocially inappropriate behaviour.
• Brain fart (noun): A temporary mental lapse or failure to reason correctly.